This was sent to me, and it made so much sense that I thought it would get more exposure if I put it up here. If you have any questions as to the validity of this proposal, think of these people.
Congressional Reform Act of 2010
1. Term Limits.
12 years only, one of the possible options below..
A. Two Six-year Senate terms
B. Six Two-year House terms
C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House terms
2. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people.
4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/11.
The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s),then go home and back to work.
Sounds great to me. Makes you wonder how it ever bacame a career goal? Yet another example of a government out of control, the fact that we even have to write things like this, because congress was never intended to be a career.
I’ve spent the last four months reading the Federalist Papers, and the Anti-Federalist Papers, and nothing in those fine books showed any inclination that we’d ever have congressman like the people shown in these videos.