Reports were coming in from all over the strange new land of America that similar to the ruins of Greece and Rome, this new world had watched many cultures rise and fall. A mysterious people called Indians were presently occupying the west relative to Washington City where Thomas Jefferson was president and very curious about the history that lay beyond sight. Staving off an attempt by his former vice-president to split the union Jefferson had ordered the arrest of Aaron Burr and his financier the Illuminati member Harman Blennerhassett. Blennerhassett a lover of the occult built his home in the middle of the earthen mounds of his fascination in Marietta, and the various structures in West Virginia likely sought protective council during the winter solstice of 1806 in a graveyard of buried giants that had resided undisturbed before being destroyed by the building of Augusta, Kentucky. Among his beliefs was that the spirit of the ancients might answer his desperate call. There is a belief within some of these cult groups that such ancient locations beheld magical properties and could draw on the spirits of the dead to assist with the living—if the proper sacrifices to the proper gods were made. In association with the lost race of Augusta Giants which Blennerhassett knew of for his mysterious summit with destiny was the 1783 reports coming in from Thomas Ashe from his 1806 book Travels in America. In that book came the report of an ancient race of people who had settled in the area where Lexington was being built and the ruins there dwarfed much of what was being discovered in and around Ohio. Click to review a previous article on this topic for a proper back story.
To find the center of the ancient Lexington city it is fairly easy if you know what you are looking for. For those familiar with Lexington simply get off the highway exit that delivers you to the Kentucky Horse Park. Instead of turning in, proceed down Iron Works Pike road for a few miles until you arrive at the store Jot-Em Down. Turn left onto Russell Cave Road. When you arrive at the gate to the destroyed Mt Brilliant mansion you will be there. It was on this property that some of the largest and most organized mounds aligned in a similar way as to the Newark earthworks near Columbus, Ohio once stood. The site on the Mt. Brilliant property first reported by the traveler Thomas Ashe chronicled in the 1872 book by George W. Ranck breaks down the precise measurements as they were before construction and farming destroyed them entirely. But that’s not all, the site was vast extending from the location 6 miles north-east of the downtown area to areas dotting all around the core of the current city. It is difficult now to know how many homes were built through the burial remains of these ancient dwellers, but the account according to Ranck’s book is that it was numerous saying “These well-attested facts, together with the tradition related to this day of an extensive cave existing under the city of Lexington, relieve of its improbable air the statement that a subterranean cemetery of the original inhabitants of this place was discovered here nearly a century ago. In 1776, three years before the first permanent white settlement was made at Lexington, some venturesome hunters, most probably from Boonesborough, had their curiosity excited by the strange appearance of some stones they saw in the woods where our city now stands. They removed these stones, and came to others of peculiar workmanship, which, upon examination, they found had been placed there to conceal the entrance to an ancient catacomb, formed in the solid rock, fifteen feet below the surface of the earth. They discovered that a gradual descent from the opening brought them to a passage, four feet wide and seven feet high, leading into a spacious apartment, in which were numerous niches, which they were amazed to find occupied by bodies which, from their perfect state of preservation, had evidently been embalmed. For six years succeeding this discovery, the region in which this catacomb was located, was visited by bands of raging Indians and avenging whites; and during this period of blood and passion, the catacomb was dispelled, and its ancient mummies, probably the rarest remains of a forgotten era that man has ever seen, were well nigh swept out of existence. But not entirely. Some years after the red men and the settlers had ceased hostilities; the old sepulcher was again visited and inspected. It was found to be three hundred feet long, one hundred feet wide, and eighteen feet high. The floor was covered with rubbish and fine dust, from which was extracted several sound fragments of human limbs. At this time the entrance to this underground cemetery of Ancient Lexington is totally unknown. For nearly three-quarters of a century, its silent chamber has not echoed to a human footfall. It is hidden from sight, as effectually as was once buried Pompeii, and even the idea that it ever existed is laughed at by those who walk over it, as heedless of its near presence as were the generations of incredulous peasants who unconsciously danced above the long-lost villa of Diomedes”
But the heart of this ancient city, its cultural epitaph was on the location of the present day Mt. Brilliant site. For those who know anything about horses and thoroughbred racing the current owner of the Mt. Brilliant property owns the nearby stud barn of Man o’ War who won all but one of his 21 lifetime starts—which is a remarkable accomplishment. That stud barn is right in the middle of this ancient archaeological site of ancient earthworks. Of course farming and construction have all but destroyed all the present day evidence—and if not for the books by Thomas Ashe and George W. Ranck there would be no evidence at all. The closest that history has come to indicating anything at all was amiss in the area were that the Indians in the area were terrified of Kentucky land—as chronicled in the novels by Allan W Eckert. The Indians would hunt in the area, but they never settled a tribe there, and one of their early arguments with the arrival of the white settlers was that the whites did not respect that land as the Indians did. The whites had no fear of the spirits which resided there—as they did fear those ephemeral entities. Their reason was that they viewed the Lexington, Kentucky area as a “dark and bloody ground.” It was a shadow-land to the Indians. In 1800, some Sacs who were in St. Louis said of Kentucky that it was full of the souls of a strange race which their people had long ago exterminated. They regarded this land with superstitious awe. Here they hunted and here they fought, but no tribe was ever known to settle permanently in it.” The eradication of the evidence of that ancient people started in 1774 when Thomas Jefferson granted 2,000 acres of land north of the Kentucky River to William Russell in recognition of his brother Henry’s outstanding military service in the French and Indian War.
The land was eventually divided between William’s two youngest sons, Robert Spotswood Russell and William Russell, Jr. Shortly after the end of the Revolutionary War, young William laid claim to the smaller portion (800 acres) so he could enjoy the mystical cave and ever-flowing spring that add an enchanting ambiance to what is now known as Mt. Brilliant. Russell chose the name to commemorate the Virginia estate of Patrick Henry’s family.
In 1792, Russell built the central portion of the house. Cuming remarked in his 1807 book, “Tour of the West”, that Mt. Brilliant, surrounded by a wall with turrets at each end, lacked “only the vineyards” in its similarity to the French Provincial regions of Languedoc and Provence.
Russell died in 1824 and his heirs sold Mt. Brilliant in 1863. In 1832, Mount Brilliant passed to Hamilton Atchison Jr. The historical connection here is the relation to David Rice Atchison, “President for a Day” between Presidents James Polk and Zachary Taylor, who often visited his cousins at Mount Brilliant. A Lexington native and 1825 graduate of Transylvania, Atchison moved to Missouri and later Kansas. He was a U.S. senator and an organizer of the Atchison-Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Mount Brilliant was sold in 1861 to Thomas Hughes, who later owned historical Elk Hill and Clifton. Arthur Delong acquired Mount Brilliant in 1891, until 1905 when it was purchased by James Ben Ali Haggin. The Haggin family owned the farm for the next 85 years, and it became a fixture in the Kentucky political and social scene in the 20th Century.
In fact, it was at a political rally held at Russell Cave, which lays on the Mt. Brilliant property, that the infamous duel between abolitionist Cassius Clay and Samuel M. Brown took place. Clay, Henry Clay’s cousin, was saved by a stroke of astonishing fortune when the bullet aimed directly for his heart ricocheted off the silver-lined sheath of his Bowie knife. Samuel Brown was in fact a hired assassin sent to kill Clay for his insistence that slavery be banned. It was in that very same cave on the Mt Brilliant property that many escaped slaves hid while on their journey north into Cincinnati. But the cave has a much deeper—and mystical quality that points back to the politics of the day. After all, it is more than a little intriguing that a political rally for which the Clay, Brown duel occurred was in a cave when a perfectly good mansion was available just a few hundred feet away above the creek bed.
Feel free to read more about this history at these links:
Let us now study what was around that cave on the Mt Brilliant property as described in 1872 by George Washington Ranck. I include it here as I have looked for a hard copy of the book but only know of the scanned online copy by Cornell University. Should fortunes change and documentation of such resources online cease—a proper record of the evidence is necessary. It may also be desired to perform some archaeology if the owner would permit it. In the cave, bones were found of these ancient people and has been the site of many turbulent events since. There are few caves in the world that have hosted such a variety of characters as that of Russell Cave, but spelunking is not the most comfortable. Much of it is flooded so trudging through the cold water to the locations where archaeology could be properly performed will take some effort and discomfort. But it is there and only there that the ancient race of people can ever hope to be ascertained, as all the remnants of what is described below has been destroyed except for the text you are about to read. Of that text I have performed some basic editing to make it more digestible. The pictures included I deliberately kept the property of Mt. Brilliant out of the pictures to respect the owners privacy. Only the cave area is zoomed in on due to the historical significance of it. The wide pan shot is of the area described below. The elements described below used to be sprawled out within the picture frame and were quite large. If anything still remains, it would be difficult to detect due to 200 years of aggressive use of the land, and modern construction along with farming. The original text can be found at the concluding link
“Some months after he had examined and described the fortification at the head of Hickman creek, Prof. Eafinesque surveyed the upper group on North Elkhorn, near Russell’s cave, or what is now known as the West place. We quote his description of it, which will be read with more and more interest and wonder as time passes, and slowly but surely levels with the earth and blots out forever all that is left to remind us of a lost race, whose stupendous structures covered the fertile tract which afterward became the favorite hunting ground of savage tribes. He says: “I visited this upper group of monuments, a few days ago, in company with two gentlemen of Lexington. They are situated about six miles from this town, in a north-northeast direction, on the west and back part of Colonel Russell’s farm, which stands on the road leading from Lexington to Cynthiana. “The ground on which they stand is a beautiful level spot, covered with young trees and short grass, or line turf, on the south side of a bend of North Elkhorn creek, nearly opposite the mouth, and close by Hamilton’s farm and spring, which lie west of them. They extend as far as Russell’s cave, on the east side of the Cynthiana road. “No. 1, which stands nearly in the center, is a circular enclosure, six hundred feet in circumference, formed of four parts : 1. A broad circular parapet, now about twenty feet broad, and two feet high. 2. An inward ditch, now very shallow and nearly on a level with the outward ground. 3. A gateway, lying due north, raised above the ditch, about fifteen feet broad, and leading to the central area. 4. A square central area, raised nearly three feet above the ditch, perfectly square and level, each side seventy feet long and facing the four cardinal points. ” No. 2 lies northeast of No. 1, at about two hundred and fifty feet distance; it is a regular, circular, convex mound, one hundred and seventy-five feet in circumference, and nearly four feet high, surrounded by a small outward ditch. ” No. 3 lies nearly north of No. 1, and at about two hundred and fifty feet distance from No. 2. It is a singular and complicated monument, of an irregular square form, nearly conical, or narrower at the upper end, facing the creek. It consists: 1. Of a high and broad parapet, about one hundred feet long and more than five feet high, as yet, above the inward ditch on the south base, which is about seventy-five feet long. 2. Of an inside ditch. 3. Of an area of the same form with the outward parapet, but rather uneven. 4. Of an obsolete broad gateway at the upper west side. 5. Of an irregular raised platform, connected with the outward parapet, and extending toward the north to connect it with several mounds. 6.
Of three small mounds, about fifty feet in circumference, and two feet high, standing irregularly around that platform, two on the west side and one on the east. ” No. 4. These are two large sunken mounds, connected with No. 3. One of them stands at the upper end of the platform, and is sunk in an outward circular ditch, about two hundred and fifty feet in circumference, and two feet deep. The mound, which is perfectly round and convex, is only two feet high, and appears sunk in the ditch. Another similar mound stands in a corn-field, connected by a long raised way to the upper east end of the parapet in No. 3. “No. 5 is a monument of an oblong square form, consisting of the four usual parts of a parapet, an inward ditch, a central area, and a gateway. This last stands nearly opposite the gateway of No. 3, at about one hundred and twenty-five feet distance, and leads over the ditch to the central area. The whole outward circumference of the parapet is about four hundred and forty feet. The longest side fronts the southwest and northeast, and is one hundred and twenty feet long, while the shortest is one hundred feet long. The central area is level, and has exactly half the dimensions of the parapet, being sixty feet long and fifty wide. It is raised two or three feet as well as the parapet. The end opposite the gateway is not far from Hamilton’s spring. “Now to No. 6 is a mound without a ditch, one hundred and ninety feet in circumference, and five feet high. It lies nearly west from No. 1. “No. 7 is a stone mound, on the east side of Russell’s spring, and on the brim of the gully. It lies east from the other monuments and more than half a mile distant. It is ten feet high and one hundred and seventy-five feet in circumference, being formed altogether by loose stones heaped together, but now covered with a thin soil of stone and grass. “No. 8 is a similar stone mound, but rather smaller, lying north of number. 7, at the confluence of Russell’s spring with North Elkhorn. “Among the principal peculiarities, which I have noticed in this .group of monuments, the square area of No. 1, enclosed within a circular ditch and parapet, is very interesting, since it exhibits’ a new compound geometrical form of building. The ditch must have been much deeper once, and the parapet, with the area, much higher; since, during the many centuries which have elapsed over these monuments, the rains, dust, decayed plants, and trees must have gradually filled the ditch, etc. I was told by Mr. Martin that within his recollection, or about twenty-five years ago, the ditch in the monument at the head of Hickman’s creek was at least one foot deeper. “Whenever we find central and separated areas in the Alleghawian monuments, we must suppose they were intended for the real places of worship and sacrifices, where only the priests and chiefs were admitted, while the crowd stood probably on the parapet to look on; and, in fact, these parapets are generally convex and sloping inward or toward the central area. “The ditched mound, No. 2, is remarkable, and must have had a peculiar destination, like the sunken mounds. No. 4, which differ from No. 2 merely by being much lower, and appearing, therefore, almost sunk in the ditch. “The stone mounds, Nos. 7 and 8, are also peculiar and evidently sepulchral. But why were the dead bodies covered here with stone instead of earth? Perhaps these mounds belonged to different tribes, or the conveniency of finding stones, in the rocky neighborhood of Russell’s cave and spring, may have been an inducement for employing them.” Some of these mounds described by Rafinesque were visited in 1846, and found to be nearly obliterated ; others, however, near the dividing line between the old military survey of Dandridge and Meredith, were still distinct, and were described in 1847 as follows: ” The most easterly work is on the estate of C. C. Moore. It is on the top of a high bluff, on the west side of Elkhorn, in the midst of a very thick growth, mostly of sugar trees, the area within a deep and broad circular ditch is about a quarter of an acre of land. The ditch is still deep enough in some places to hide a man on horseback. The dirt taken from, the ditch is thrown outward; and there is a gateway where the ditch was never dug, some ten feet wide on the north side of the circle. Trees several hundred years old are growing on the bank and in the bottom of the ditch and over the area which it encloses, and the whole region about it. There is another work a quarter of a mile west of the above one. It commences on the Meredith estate and runs over on the Cabells’ Dale property, and contains about ten acres of land. The shape of the area is not unlike that of the moon when about two-thirds full. The dirt from the ditch inclosing this area is thrown sometimes out, sometimes in, and sometimes both ways. An ash tree was cut down in the summer of 1845, which stood upon the brink of this ditch, which, upon being examined, proved to be four hundred years old. The ditch is still perfectly distinct throughout its whole extent, and in some places is so deep and steep as to be dangerous to pass with a carriage. A mound connected with this same chain of works was opened in the summer of 1871. It is situated about half a mile west of the earthwork already described as on top of the bluff, and about a quarter of a mile north of the larger oval one. It is on the farm of Mr. James Fisher, adjoining the plantation on which Dr. Eobert Peter at present resides, and is part of the old Meredith property before mentioned. The mound has a diameter of about seventy feet, and rises with a regular swell in the center to the height of three and a half to four feet above the general level of the valley pasture on which it is located, only about fifteen feet above low water in the North Elkhorn creek, and about three hundred and twenty-five feet south from its margin. Mr. Fisher made an excavation into the center of this mound about four to five feet in diameter and about three and a half feet deep, in which, in a bed of wood-ashes containing charred fragments of small wood, he found a number of interesting copper, flint, bone, and other relics of the ancient Mound Builders, which were carefully packed by Dr. Robert Peter (who resides on the adjoining Meredith farm), and transmitted to the Smithsonian Institute, at “Washington, for preservation. The copper articles were five in number; three of which were irregularly oblong-square implements or ornaments, about four inches in length and two and one-eighth to three and three-quarter inches wide and one-quarter inch thick at lower end (varying somewhat in size, shape, and thickness); each with two curved horns attached to the corners of one end, which is wider and thinner than the other end. These were evidently made of native copper, by hammering, are irregular in thickness and rude in workmanship, and have been greatly corroded in the Japseof time, so that they not only have upon them a thick coating of green carbonate and red oxide of copper, but the carbonate had cemented these articles, with adjoining flint arrow-heads, pieces of charcoal, etc., into one cohering mass, in the bed of ashes, etc., in which they were found lying irregularly one upon the other. The other two copper implements were axes or hatchets; one nearly six inches long, the other nearly four inches; each somewhat adze-shaped wider at one end, which end had a sharp cutting edge. With these were found nearly a peck of flint arrow-heads, all splintered and broken, as by the action of fire; also, three hemispherical polished pieces of red hematitic iron ore about two inches in diameter; some door-button shaped pieces of limestone, each perforated with two holes; several pieces of sandstone, which seemed to have been used for grinding and polishing purposes; and many fragments of bones of animals, mostly parts of ribs, which appeared to have been ground or shaped ; among which was one, blackened by fire, which seemed to have been part of a handle of a dagger; also, some fragments of pottery, etc. The fragments of charcoal, lying near the copper articles, were saturated with carbonate of copper, resulting from the oxidation of the copper articles, parts of which were oxidized to the center, although a quarter of an inch in thickness; and many pieces of this coal and portions of flint arrow-heads remain strongly cemented to the copper implements by this carbonate. To what uses these rude, oblong- square horned copper articles were put, except for ornament, cannot be conjectured. No inscription or significant murk was found on any of them. No human bones could be distinguished among the fragments found, but only the immediate center of the mound was opened. The citizens of Lexington may, in truth, muse among the ancient ruins and awe-inspiring relics of a once mighty people. “Who and what were the beings who fought with these weapons, ate from these vessels, built these tombs and mounds and altars, and slept at last in this now concealed catacomb? Where existed that strange nation, whose grand chain of works seemed to have Lexington for its nucleus and center? We can only speculate! One inclines to the opinion that they were contemporaries of the hardy Picts. Another declares them identical with the Alleghawians or progenitors of the Aztecs, and cites as proof, the remains of their temples, which are declared to be wonderfully similar to those of the ancient Mexicans described by Baron Humboldt. The earthen vessels here plowed up from the virgin soil, he says, were like those used by the Alleghawians for cooking purposes. Still another writer, dwelling upon the mummies here discovered, sees in the original inhabitants of Lexington, a people descended from the Egyptians. Other authors, eminent and learned, almost without number, have discussed this subject, but their views are as conflicting as those already mentioned, and nothing is satisfactory, except the negative assurance that the real first settlers of Lexington, the State of Kentucky, and the entire Mississippi valley, were not the American Indians, as no Indian nation has ever built walled cities, defended by entrenchments, or buried their dead in sepulchers hewn in the solid rock. “Who, then, were these mysterious beings? From whence did they come? What were the forms of their religion and government? Are questions that will probably never be solved by mortal man; but that they lived and flourished centuries before the Indian who can doubt? Where they erected their Cyclopean temples and cities, with no vision of the red men who would come after them, and chase the deer and the buffalo over their leveled and grass-covered walls. Here they lived, and labored, and died, before Columbus had planted the standard of old Spain upon the shores of a new world; while Gaul, and Britain, and Germany were occupied by roving tribes of barbarians, and, it may be, long before imperial Rome had reached the height of her glory and splendor. But they had no literature, and when they died they were utterly forgotten. They may have been a great people, but it is all the same to those who came if they were not, for their greatness was never recorded. Their history was never written not a letter of their language remains, and even their name is forgotten. They trusted in the mighty works of their hands, and now, indeed, are they a dead nation and a lost race. The ancient city which stood where Lexington now stands, has vanished like a dream, and vanished forever. Another has well said: “Hector and Achilles, though mere barbarians, live because sung by Homer. Grermanicus lives as the historian himself said, because narrated by Tacitus; but these builders of mounds perish because no Homerarid no Tacitus has told of them. It is the spirit only, which, by the pen, can build immortal monuments.” It is a favorite theory of many that the Indians of North America migrated from Asia; that the once noble race, which has almost melted away, was descended from the ten tribes of Israel which were driven from Palestine seven hundred years before the birth of Christ. But this is a theory only. The advent of the Indians and the stock from which they sprung will never be determined; but that they came after the “Mound Builders” is evident. The appearance of the Indians was the death-knell of that doomed race whose rich and beautiful lands and spoil-gorged cities inflamed the desperate and destitute invaders. The numerous tumuli which yet remain attest the fierceness of the conflict which ensued. A great people were swept out of existence, their cities disappeared, the grass grew above them, and in time the forests.”
Avid readers of the day like Thomas Jefferson and the Illuminati practitioner Harman Blennerhassett knew of Thomas Ashe’s book from his Travels in America—which wasn’t published until 1806, but word of its contents were spreading as Ashe visited taverns and allowed listeners to know the contents of his manuscripts. Ashe was the third son of a half-pay officer, and was born at Glasnevin, near Dublin, 15 July 1770. He received a commission in the 83rd regiment of foot, which, however, was almost immediately afterwards disbanded; and he was sent to a counting-house at Bordeaux. There he suffered a short imprisonment for wounding in a duel a gentleman whose sister he had seduced, but, the wound not proving fatal, the prosecution was not persisted in.
Returning to Dublin, Ashe was appointed secretary to the Diocesan and Endowed Schools Commission, but, getting into debt, resigned his office and retired to Switzerland. He then spent several years in foreign travel, living, according to his own account, in a free and unconstrained fashion, and experiencing a somewhat chequered fortune.
In his later years Ashe was short of money. He died at Bath on 17 December 1835.
Besides recording in his Memoirs his impressions of the countries he visited, Ashe published separately:
- Travels in America in 1806, 1808;
- Memoirs of Mammoth and other Bones found in the vicinity of the Ohio, 1806; and
- A Commercial and Geographical Sketch of Brazil and Madeira, 1812.
He was also the author of novels, including the Spirit of the Book, 1811, 4th edition 1812; the Liberal Critic, or Henry Percy, 1812: and the Soldier of Fortune, 1816.
The skeptic might be reluctant to believe in Ashe’s accounts of an ancient Lexington, and I might too if I did not know that a housing development nearly bulldozed the ancient city of Cahokia outside of St. Louis mistaking the mounds there as simple hills. If nobody had put a stop to the process during construction of the St Louis eastside, Monks Mound would have been leveled as well and the bones within the mounds destroyed nearly unnoticed under the trampling of machinery. In Lexington, with the violent past it had and history with Transylvania added to the complicated history making legitimate archaeological study of the area nearly impossible. Transylvania, or the Transylvania Colony, was a short-lived, extra-legal colony founded in 1775 by Richard Henderson, who controlled the North Carolina based Transylvania Company, which had reached an agreement to purchase the land from the Cherokee in the “Treaty of Sycamore Shoals”. This area was claimed at the time by the Province of Virginia —especially following Lord Dunmore’s War —and North Carolina. It is primarily located in what is now the central and western parts of the State of Kentucky. American pioneer Daniel Boone was hired by Henderson to establish the Wilderness Road going through the Cumberland Gap into central “Kentuckee”, where he founded Boonesborough, the designated capital of the Transylvania colony. Transylvania officially ceased to exist after the Virginia General Assembly invalidated the Transylvania Company’s purchase in 1776. Richard Henderson fancied the start of his own colony prior to the Revolutionary War. If he had succeeded it would have been a 14th colony. So there was some recklessness in the building of Lexington as ownership changed hands, Indians continuously attacked, and only blood thirsty soldiers of fortune and those fleeing religious persecution were the first to fill the land plagued with violence. Lexington was erected as a city under forged conditions—and archaeology was not their primary concern.
But the Illuminati in America knew what they thought that ancient race was, and they built their secrets around that knowledge attempting to tap into that energy believed to reside around them. It is therefore ironic that the horse racing culture emerged so prominently in Lexington of all places, and that the spirited horses born there have an otherworldly appeal. It is also ironic that politics, the abolitionist movement and many important historic events culminated at that very spot around Russell’s Cave for well over 200 years—but the evidence of those happenings has been carefully obscured—and overlooked. Instead modern society is obsessed with the mansions, the gardens, and the horses of that former ancient society. The spender of elegance has disguised the fact that an entire race of people unknown to time was eradicated at that very spot. With earthworks only rivaling the Newark, Ohio site and Serpent Mound a picture of a vast civilization that lived in the Kentucky and Ohio region well before any Indian hunted with a spear or threw a rock is evident. These were people who mummified their bodies, offered sacrifices on stone alters, and had advanced mathematical knowledge. Their evidence has been confined behind a thin veil of opulence associated with the horse racing culture and the hidden knowledge of secret societies.
The political rally in 1843 where so many prominent politicians and events collected themselves for more than the acoustical qualities of a cave, it was known among them that in such a cave the ancients of that great race dwelled and buried their dead. But being part of a new country these early settlers had no predilection in assuming they were the first to arrive in such a vast landscape. They had no Columbus Day to celebrate, or progressive history in maintaining a history of the African-American or Indian people. They simply hoped to learn from those ancient people what they could as they forged a new country and if you were a good little politician or financial donor you might be invited to that secret Illuminati/Masonic knowledge of those strange people who resided in Lexington Kentucky thousands of years before a white man ever arrived—or an Indian.
And so it goes one of the greatest mysteries in the North American continent is buried under the city of Lexington and is only hinted at by the Masonic architecture littering the region, or the artwork at the various mansions around the Lexington horse farms. Knowledge is power, and so long as few people knew of this ancient race, there was unification in that harmonious correspondence with those who were invited to gather in the ancient catacombs of what was left of the great race who originally founded America and were dedicated to the service of freedom for all—even the slaves as Cassius Clay so valiantly defended in the cave’s mouth under the estate of Mt. Brilliant built upon the ruins of a lost race. Lexington was the destruction of a genius lost to history and only known to a few of the most educated and enlightened. But now dear reader—you can count yourselves among them—because you know too the truth long suppressed.